Sunday, July 4, 2010

1st week here!

Hey everyone,

Well a week has already gone by and I am going to update you as much as I can. First off, we ran like the McCallister family in home alone to make our flight to Jo-burg. Our first flight was delayed and we got to the airport in Washington as our flight was supposed to leave. In the end, God was gracious and held the flight untill we were able to board. We arrived in Jo-burg on tuesday and went to work on thursday. We were given the opportunity to lay the foundation for two different houses in the townships, or slums, near where we were staying. It is an incredible sight to see so many people in such a small area. Our team combined with several south africans involved in different churches in the townships and picked and shoveled for about three days straight. I am worn out but it was totally worth the relationships that we built. God used that opportunity to not only build a more liveable situation for two different families, but to spread his glory in love into the community. So far everything has gone smooth except please be praying for one of our team members named Rachel Rocky. She got mono right before our trip and will not be able to join us for another week and a half. Please pray that her health will come back to her quickly. We are about to leave for our three day camping trip at kruger! Lastly we were able to go to a church service in the township. The church consisted of a shack that was no longer than 30 ft in lenght and 15 ft wide. It was awesome. Praise God for all that He has done. It will probably be a week before i can update you again. Thank you for your prayers,

Love you all,

Casey Andis

5 comments:

  1. Casey-
    Just wanted to let you know that we are keeping you in our thoughts and prayers. What an awesome opportunity you have been given.
    Love ya-
    Steph and Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Bub! This is Kelsey for now. Glad to see that everything is going well! I might have to get my own blog thingy so you will know it's from me next time. :) It sounds like you guys are having a lot of fun and you better be taking some good pictures because I can't wait to see them! I just got back from vacation yesterday and just like you I was running from my first flight to my second and made it with maybe a minute to spare. It was a good experience...kinda fun actually..haha. Unfortunately, our luggage didn't make it with us on the plane so it's supposed to come in today. Oh well, it was still a fun time, and we can trade pictures when you get back. Tell everyone I say hey, and if they don't know me that's okay. :) Keep safe and keep doing what your doing. We are proud of you and know you are making a world of difference to lots of people.
    Love you bub,
    your fam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bubby!!
    I am missing you at work man. Lunch isn't quite the same without the stories haha. Although I will say, I have been getting pretty close to my summer goal of a number one comment on CNN.com, but I will have to let you know on that one. Keep up the good work man, I will be praying for you guys and the work you are doing. Keep spreading the love brother.

    Peace,
    LT

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ LT

    Thanks for the encouragement man and keep working at it you will get number one comment! haha thats hilarious man. Yea I cant say i miss work but i cant listen to the pray without thinking about our drive in to work haha. Hope all is well man and thanks for commenting bro. Later!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Kelsey

    Im glad that your trip went awesome and we will definitely swap pictures. I feel like i am getting a lot of pictures and videos. At least a lot for me haha....Hope your summer is going well and sorry this is so short but we only have an hour and i just cant hardly write everyone i want to like i want to. Bye kels love you.

    @Steph

    Thanks for the encouragement steph and love you too

    ReplyDelete