Thursday, July 15, 2010

First Week on Campus!

Hello all,

Well the first week on campus has gone great, but before we get there I must apologize for the terrible design of my blog. I was looking at the other students blogs and they look awesome but now I just dont have enough time to make a sweet design so I hope no one cares that its boring looking. Anyways, the team has great success, our theme is unleashed and our goal is to meet and share with as many first year students as possible. We are having a briaa tomorrow ( What we would call a bar-b-q) and the leaders have been praying that over a 100 first year students would come. From our estimates at this point, that prayer will be answered with a resounding yes! It is very exciting. Many of the students on the team have awesome stories already, but God has provided a couple of Gospel conversations for Kyle (my ministry parter), and I. We have gotten the opportunity to share with a Jehova's witness and another student as well. It is much different here, as far as meeting students. They are very relational and it is not hard to talk about spiritual things at all. Most would say that they are christian but when you ask what that means, they typically reply that they go to Church. So we are sharing from a different angle than we are used too. In the states students are typically turned off to spiritual conversations unless you have a long standing relationship with them. Anyways, a great first week and I am learning more and more that life is all about God. I was made to worship Him. He is growing us all in just to trust Him. I am learning that the worst thing that could happen to me is for Him to leave me to myself and I have been promised that that is not going to happen. We are learning that it is only through His power that students will be changed, and only through His power that we will grow. I wish i could explain the joy that I have been experiencing lately. Well thats all right now, atleast that i have time for. Love you all! Psalm 30:11-12

1 comment:

  1. Casey- I am praying Ephesians 6:18-20 for you and all involved in your mission trip. It is wonderful to see your growth.

    In Christ :-)
    Heather

    ReplyDelete